There is an excellent online resource produced by Barbaros Yet that summarises the results of collaboration between the Risk and Information Management research group at Queen Mary and the Trauma Sciences Unit, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry. This work focused on developing Bayesian network (BN) models to improve decision support for trauma patients.
The website not only describes two BN models in detail (one for predicting acute traumatic coagulopathy in early stage of trauma care and one for predicting the outcomes of traumatic lower extremities with vascular injuries) but allows you to run the models in real time showing summary risk calculations after you enter observations about a patient.
The models are powered by AgenaRisk.
- Perkins ZB, Yet B, Glasgow S, Marsh DWR, Tai NRM, Rasmussen TE (2018). “Long-term, patient centered outcomes of Lower Extremity Vascular Trauma”, Journal of Trauma and Acute Surgery. DOI:10.1097/TA.0000000000001956
- Yet B, Perkins ZB, Tai NR, and Marsh DWR (2017). “Clinical Evidence Framework for Bayesian Networks” Knowledge and Information Systems, 50(1), pp.117-143.DOI:10.1007/s10115-016-0932-1
- Perkins ZB, Yet B, Glasgow S, Cole E, Marsh W, Brohi K, Rasmussen TE, Tai NRM (2015). “Meta-analysis of prognostic factors for amputation following surgical repair of lower extremity vascular trauma” British Journal of Surgery, 12 (5), pp. 436-450. DOI:10.1002/bjs.9689
- Yet B, Perkins ZB, Rasmussen TE et al.(2014). Combining data and meta-analysis to build Bayesian networks for clinical decision support. J Biomed Inform vol. 52, 373-385. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbi.2014.07.018 http://qmro.qmul.ac.uk/xmlui/handle/123456789/23055
- Perkins ZB, Yet B, Glasgow S, Cole E, Marsh W, Brohi K,
Rasmussen TE, Tai NRM (2015). “Meta-analysis of prognostic factors for
amputation following surgical repair of lower extremity vascular trauma”
British Journal of Surgery, 12 (5), pp. 436-450. DOI:10.1002/bjs.9689
- Yet B, Perkins ZB, Rasmussen TE, Tai NR, and Marsh DWR
(2014). “Combining Data and Meta-analysis to Build Bayesian Networks for
Clinical Decision Support” Journal of Biomedical Informatics , 52, pp.373-385. DOI:10.1016/j.jbi.2014.07.018
- Yet B, Perkins Z, Fenton N et al.(2014). Not just data: a method for improving prediction with knowledge. J Biomed Inform vol. 48, 28-37. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbi.2013.10.012
- Yet B, Perkins Z, Tai N et al.(2014). Explicit evidence for prognostic Bayesian network models. Stud Health Technol Inform vol. 205, 53-57. http://dx.doi.org/10.3233/978-1-61499-432-9-53
- Perkins Z, Yet B, Glasgow S et al. (2013). EARLY PREDICTION OF TRAUMATIC COAGULOPATHY USING ADMISSION CLINICAL VARIABLES. SHOCK. vol. 40, 25-25.