Tuesday, 26 April 2016

Hillsborough Inquest - my input


With today's verdict (fans unlawfully killed) coming after more than two years I can now speak about my own involvement in the Inquest.

Because of the years that have passed few people are aware that there was a 'near-miss'  disaster at Hillsborough eight years before the actual disaster. The circumstances were essentially identical -  an FA Cup Semi Final with far too many supporters let in to the Leppings Lane stand leading to a massive crush. Because of the quick thinking of a steward who was able to open a gate onto the pitch nobody died on that occasion (although there were many injuries).  I know this because I was present at that earlier near disaster and I was, in fact, Secretary of the Sheffield Spurs Supporters Club. At the time I wrote to the FA and South Yorkshire police as I felt mistakes had been made, and indeed the incident was sufficiently serious that Hillsborough (which had been used every year as one of the two semi-final venues) was avoided until 1988 (the year before the disaster). Immediately after the disaster in 1989 I wrote to the FA and Lord Taylor (who led the original enquiry) to inform them of the events of 1981. Although I was interviewed at that time by the Police investigators, my evidence was never used.

In 2014 - out of the blue - I was asked to attend the new Hillsborough Inquest as it had been decided that the 1981 incident was an important piece of the story.  Here are a couple of links to media reports about my appearance:
Norman Fenton, 26 April 2016



2 comments:

  1. A HEART OVER INDEBTED AND FULL OF GRATITUDE TO DR OGUDU THE MIGHTIEST LOTTERY SPELL CASTER IN THE WORLD
    My name is JOHN REHM It all started 2 years ago when i lost my job, and things became so hard for me and my family living in Florida and i decided to use my little savings to purchase a Florida lottery which never yield a result, I was now leaving in total mess and much debt i promised myself that i will never play the lottery again, After months of joblessness i was reading a tread online about{ DR OGUDU THE LOTTERY SPELL CASTER} and how he has made so many people to win the lottery, I for one don,t believe in magic and black powers but because i was very frustrated and stranded i decided to contact him through his email address, He demanded for few details about me which i gave him under 48 hours he gave me some numbers to play which have changed my life today.i was in a bar drinking when Florida Lottery announces that MR JOHN REHM is the sole winner of the 1,000,000 million POWER BALL jackpot from the drawing held on Wednesday, January 26, should claimed the prize at Lottery Headquarters in Tallahassee. if you,re in need of such winnings contact him via [OGUDUSPELLTEMPLE@YAHOO.COM] OR WHATS-APP HIM +2348106058254


    A HEART OVER INDEBTED AND FULL OF GRATITUDE TO DR OGUDU THE MIGHTIEST LOTTERY SPELL CASTER IN THE WORLD
    My name is JOHN REHM It all started 2 years ago when i lost my job, and things became so hard for me and my family living in Florida and i decided to use my little savings to purchase a Florida lottery which never yield a result, I was now leaving in total mess and much debt i promised myself that i will never play the lottery again, After months of joblessness i was reading a tread online about{ DR OGUDU THE LOTTERY SPELL CASTER} and how he has made so many people to win the lottery, I for one don,t believe in magic and black powers but because i was very frustrated and stranded i decided to contact him through his email address, He demanded for few details about me which i gave him under 48 hours he gave me some numbers to play which have changed my life today.i was in a bar drinking when Florida Lottery announces that MR JOHN REHM is the sole winner of the 1,000,000 million POWER BALL jackpot from the drawing held on Wednesday, January 26, should claimed the prize at Lottery Headquarters in Tallahassee. if you,re in need of such winnings contact him via [OGUDUSPELLTEMPLE@YAHOO.COM] OR WHATS-APP HIM +2348106058254

    ReplyDelete